Saturday, July 14, 2007

American quotes

"In every American there is an air of incorrigible innocence, which seems to conceal a diabolical cunning" -- A. E. Housman (1859 - 1936)

"Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves." -- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

"Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic" -- Dan Rather (1931 - )

"I was born an American, I will live an American, I shall die an American" -- Daniel Webster (1782 - 1852)

"I sometimes think that the saving grace of America lies in the fact that the overwhelming majority of Americans are possessed of two great qualities- a sense of humor and a sense of proportion." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945)

"Americans never quit." -- General Douglas Macarthur (1880 - 1964)

"Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them" -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

"Americans are overreachers; overreaching is the most admirable of the many American excesses." -- George F. Will (1941 - )

No comments: